Ginn & Patrou, P.A, recognizes that the foundation of our business is maintaining your trust and confidence. In order to provide you with the most effective and beneficial legal services, we must maintain information about you. Keeping that information secure and private is important to us. This notice is provided to you so that you may know how we collect information about you, the type of information we collect, what we may disclose to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, and the steps we take to protect personal information about you.
What Information We Collect
As a law firm we must collect a certain amount of personal information about you in order to provide and offer legal services, and to comply with certain regulatory matters. Therefore, as part of our servicing of your requests, we may obtain certain nonpublic personal information about you. This information includes facts and data that we receive from you, real estate agents, lenders, government agencies, and/or other authorized persons in varying manners, including but not limited to: form submission requests on our website, emails from you, title orders, sales contracts, company required forms, telephone calls, correspondence, loan pay-offs, and other processing forms; facts and data about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and facts and data we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
What Information We Share
With respect to the information we collect about you:
- We collect and use the information to the extent needed to conduct our business and to meet our high quality service standards;
- We restrict access to the information to authorized individuals who need to know this information to provide services to you;
- We maintain appropriate safeguards to protect information about you;
- We will verify that any persons requesting information about you or your relationship with us is entitled to such information prior to providing it.
- We share nonpublic personal information about you outside our company only to service your request, or as authorized by you, or as required or permitted by applicable law;
The law does permit us to share information about you with our affiliates, including our title company, if appropriate to fulfill your legal request. The law also permits us to share information about you with companies that perform direct marketing services for us.
Use of Your Information
We mainly use your personal information to provide legal advice and services to you. We also use your personal information to effectively administer our billing and time keep databases, and to include you in any direct marketing activities. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our services, or about new developments in the law, we will not send any further material.
Ginn & Patrou, P.A. does not disclose your personal information to any non-affiliated third party to enable them to market their products and services. For example, we do not provide our client mailing lists to other law firms.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, Ginn & Patrou, P.A. will disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when the legal services we are providing to you requires us give your information to third parties (for example a lender in a real estate mortgage transaction) your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect fees;
- if we engage a third party to provide administrative services to us (like computer back-up services or archival file storage);
- if we engage expert witnesses on your behalf;
- if we retain other law firms at your request, and on your behalf;
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide legal services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If during the course of your representation, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
If you apply to Ginn & Patrou, P.A. for a job, we need to consider your personal information, as part of our review process. We normally retain information from candidates after a decision has been made, unless you ask us not to retain the information. If we offer you a job, which you accept, the information will be retained in accordance with our privacy procedures for employee records.
Third Party Web Site Links
On our website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
Questions? Contact Us